As I write this blog post about transitioning your wardrobe into Spring, I also want to note that we’re over here in NY bracing for 1-2 feet of snow this coming Tuesday. Joy.
Nonetheless, I’m convinced that this will be Winter’s last hurrah, and Spring will come waltzing right in once this blizzard has passed!
I’m one of those select few who actually welcomes Spring cleaning, one of my favorite parts of the transition being readying my wardrobe for warmer temps. By this time, I’m ready to say goodbye to heavy jackets and all-things black (anyone else turn into a member of the Addam’s family in the winter?) and hello to a lighter, brighter closet.
5 WAYS TO TRANSITION YOUR WARDROBE INTO SPRING:
1. Switch Up Your Layers – From end of winter to early Spring, we still often find the need to layer. Instead of layering with chunky sweaters and heavy jackets, try layering with vests, blazers and cardigans.
Vests are one of my favorite pieces of transitional outerwear. I love that I can switch up what I’m wearing underneath to fit the weather (whether it’s a long sleeve top or a t-shirt), but still have that extra layer of warmth. Lately I’ve been loving longline and maxi styles!
How fun are these fringe mules by Matisse?! They also come in black and are currently on sale!
2. Introduce Subtle Pops of Pastel – You know that feeling when you’re ready to hit the ground running with full-on Spring attire, but it’s not quite that time yet? Introducing subtle pops of pastel into your wardrobe gives off that colorful Spring vibe, without looking like you’re in the wrong season.
Some of my favorite ways to do this is by wearing a fun, colored shoe or jacket. I’m currently loving light blue and blush!
(love how Jess styled this Spring look with pops of blush)
PASTELS TO LOVE:
3. Continue to Rock Your Over-the-Knee Boots – It’s not time to put those boots away just yet! Suede is one of my most-loved transitional fabrics and throwing on a pair of suede OTKs with a flirty spring dress gives off the perfect Spring vibes.
(Love how Elle paired this flowy piece with the black suede!)
SUEDE OTK BOOTS TO LOVE:
4. Try the Sweater-Midi Combo – Oh, if only I could wear this all year round. Cozy on the top, springy on the bottom, pairing one of your lighter winter sweaters with a fun midi skirt (or even layering it over a midi dress) is a classic early Spring look that’s great for all occasions. This is one of my favorite styles to wear in the office during this time of year too!
(Christine’s lighter tones are perfect for Spring. Love the casual sneaks too!)
LIGHT SWEATERS + MIDIS TO LOVE:
5. Embrace Light Wash Denim – Yes, denim addict here – guilty as charged. I basically live in denim, so I’m always switching up my washes, but for those of you who stick to the darker washes during the colder months, now’s the perfect time to start bringing some lighter denim washes into your wardrobe! Light wash denim pairs beautifully with white and pastels, too – so it’s a win-win!
(Love me some light wash! See the full post here)
LIGHT WASH DENIM TO LOVE: