Five Hair + Beauty Products to Try this Spring
I’ve always been a creature of habit when it comes to my hair and beauty routine. Why ruin a good thing? If it works, and I’m satisfied, I’m not always one to go running to try the next new thing (clothes are a different story completely, by the way). Lately, however, I’m trying to change it up and what better time to do so than during the changing of seasons?
These five hair and beauty products are ones which I’ve recently added to my routine, so I thought it’d be fun to share what I’m loving as of late.
1. Herbivore Botanicals Coconut + Sea Salt Beach Wave Hair Mist – Seriously give me anything coconut and sea salt and I’ll eat, drink and breath it for life. When I stumbled upon this product containing two of my favorite things, I had to try it out. Herbivore botanicals was created in a kitchen by a husband and wife, and their non-toxic, all natural products have totally taken off.
You’d probably recognize their infamous Coco Rose face mist that has made an appearance on almost every beauty flatlay. First off, this sh*t smells AH-MAZING. I want to spray it all over my face, body, and in every room I walk into…but I guess spraying it in my hair is good enough for now. It gives my waves the perfect sea-salty texture without drying out my hair or feeling to ‘balmy’ and I’m officially in love.
2. Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector – Lately I have been feeling like my under-eye concealer just wasn’t doing the trick. I’m not a full-coverage makeup kind of girl, but if I’m gonna cover anything on my face to my heart’s desire, it’s going to be my dark circles. I see beauty bloggers on YouTube and Instagram and am completely bewildered by how flawless their under-eyes look and while I’d love to be able to achieve that, my simple, one-layer makeup routine isn’t quite going to get me there. So I needed to compromise.
I stumbled upon Becca’s Under Eye Brightening Corrector while browsing through Sephora and immediately wanted to know more. I’ve been a long time fan of Becca Cosmetics (Champagne Pop is my ish) and ordered this to give it a try, with high expectations. The most important thing to know about this product is that it does not serve as an under-eye concealer on its own. That being said, I was shocked at how much it covered by itself. Its pink hue counteracts blue/purple and covers up your dark circles like a charm, and when used with some under-eye concealer on top, it works wonders!
3. Mac Cosmo Creemsheen Amplified Lipstick – Earlier this year, I found what I thought would be my all-time favorite lipstick…and then I found Cosmo. I’m admittedly a Mac junkie; it’s all I wear and I’m honestly not even interested in trying out another brand. Plus, the OCD in me just can’t justify adding to my perfectly black collection of lipstick tubes.
My husband actually picked up this shade for me, and I was so pleasantly surprised when I first saw the color. It reminded me of Velvet Teddy which I loved so much, but was a little bit lighter and pinker – perfect for Spring.
I was of course ecstatic that it matched well with my skin tone because after seeing it, I wasn’t ready to give it up. Cosmo is described as a “pink coco” – a really soft, feminine neutral that seems to pair perfectly with anything + everything. If you’re looking for a new pink, you have to give this one a try!
4. AG Sterling Silver Toning Shampoo – Okay, where are all my blondes at? Because this one’s for you (sorry brunettes!) Being a natural brunette who bleaches her hair, I deal with the inevitable “yellowing”. Blondes, I know I don’t have to go into detail here. Recently, my colorist and I have started to work towards an ashier blonde (think white blonde instead of yellow) and while it’s a process, this shampoo has been a saving grace.
Bright purple in color, in one wash, Sterling Silver takes out all of the yellow-y orange tones that develop after my color settles. I lather and leave it in for about 5-10 minutes while I wash up and then condition as I normally would. No longer do I have to moan and groan about needing to go back to get my hair toned earlier than I would normally need to because this totally does the trick.
5. Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Eyeshadow Palette – Now let me start by saying that I very rarely wear eyeshadow; it’s just another step in the ever-so-annoying makeup process that I’m too lazy to take half of the time. When I do wear eyeshadow, however, I’m very specific about the colors I use. I’ll never wear dark blacks + greys, or bright bold colors – even soft pinks for that matter. I love my bronzes and golds and when I discovered this palette, I was in heaven. The colors are so pretty and this palette is really all I think I’ll ever need at my disposal (well, besides my other neutral fave). Can’t wait to bring this palette into the summer season with me as well!
Do you change up your hair + beauty routine often or seasonally? If you do, what products have you recently added to your regimen?